Friday, February 13, 2015

"Absence makes the heart grow....forgetful"

So, yea.....I just realized, when searching for a recipe for a friend, that I haven't posted on here in a REALLY long time.  I've moved since the last time I posted, become a grandmother, learned how to grow and butcher our own pigs......and that's just the tip of the iceberg.  But....I still love to cook, although with the schedule my husband is currently working....it doesn't afford me as many opportunities.  Still like to look at recipes and give them a try....and Pinterest has become my new-found love for finding them.

Since tomorrow is "Valentine's Day" I thought I'd post a fun, super-easy recipe for a nice "sweet" for you to make for your "sweetie".  My husband is NOT a sweet lover, but this was REALLY popular when I made it...and I bet it will be when you make it too.  I got this recipe from Pinterest....and if you aren't currently on Pinterest, I'd really recommend checking it out.

Skillet Cookie Cake


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate M&Ms*
1/2 cup peanut butter chips*
1/2 cup peanut butter-filled chocolate chips*
Ice cream (optional, but highly recommended)
*You can use whatever chips, nuts, etc. that you like. I recommend about 1 1/2 cups total. I also sprinkled a few on top of the cookie before baking so I could easily tell what was inside the cookie.
Begin by placing an oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch ovenproof skillet.
Then, in a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Reduce the speed to low; then add the egg, followed by the egg yolk and vanilla. Beat well. Add the flour mixture and beat on low until just combined.
Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips until just combined. Add the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Add a few more of your chips to the top of the batter, if desired.
Bake until the cookie is lightly browned on the outside, but still slightly under-cooked in the center. This will take about 20 - 22 minutes. Allow the cookie to cool for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.

Food Quote:  "I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert."  Jason Love

No comments:

Post a Comment