Friday, June 17, 2011

Pronto Pesto

As I mentioned in a previous blog...I have a TON of basil growing in my backyard herb garden. So MUCH so that I'm once again extending the invitation to anyone who may need some to stop by. In searching for recipes and ways to USE my basil, I came across this one....and it is delicious. An interesting "twist" is that it uses no olive oil in it (although I used some just because I felt "funny" not doing it) Give it a try for a nice cool dish for these VERY hot and dry days we're having. Served with a nice green salad and some crusty bread it is a FANTASTIC summer meal. And if you need some fresh basil, come on down!

Spaghetti with Basil Pesto Sauce

1/2 c. Chicken Broth
1 c. packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. grated Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated is going to make a HUGE difference here...but if you can't, you can always use the kind in a can)
1/2 of a 16 ox package of spaghetti, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)

Place the broth, basil, garlic and cheese into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth. Place the basil mixture and spaghetti into a bowl and toss to coat. Serves 4


Today's food quote: "Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
Federico Fellini

No comments:

Post a Comment