Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Heart of My Home

I'm blogging about what I love best, cooking, and the place I love the most, my kitchen. I love my kitchen...I love sitting in the seating area with a good book (often a cookbook), listening to the clock ticking, my new chest freezer's comfortable hum. I'm sorry for those people who have tiny little kitchens that they can barely turn around in (but I could SERIOUSLY use more cupboard space!!). I have a big, lovely kitchen with comfortable chairs, a bar and stools for observing, wine racks, baskets filled with fresh produce...but I wax poetic.

In this blog, I'm going to share my love of all things food with you....share my recipes, my thoughts on cooking and making lovely delicious meals for family and friends, and for helping you to make YOUR kitchen...the heart of your home. If you have something you want to cook and can't find a recipe, let me know. I have a library of over 100 cookbooks. People are often afraid of cooking and I think that's a shame. I've raised my kids to love the kitchen, love cooking, and not be afraid to step out and take a chance...Hey...if the recipe doesn't turn out, we can always order pizza and try again tomorrow!! :)

My cupboard's always open...come take a look.


Today's food quote: "It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato" Lewis Grizzard

1 comment: